Apply Today to join the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE)
The AWE is an educational opportunity for women entrepreneurs that uses a facilitated online course called DreamBuiilder at its core. AWE is designed for energetic women with an entrepreneurial mindset. Participants need not be in business yet or have a developed business plan. All they need is the desire to improve themselves, to have innovative ideas for a future business, and willingness to commit 2 days of the month for 7 months. You can be part of our program!
Women who own business in the informal sector, or who have had informal/formal experience running a business are encouraged to send us their Expression of Interest (EOI).
The EOI should be no more than 400 words. It is an opportunity for you to tell your story and explain why we should select you to participate in the AWE Program. EOI that have the below criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Demonstrate the capacity to engage in business
- Willingness to commit to the 7-month Program
- Basic Computer skills
- Be a member of an association or Soqosoqo Vaka Marama in your Community
Please send your EOI to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enquiries: Please call Ms. Fiona Dansey at 9984879 or 3313188
CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY, 15th July 2020.
Program Coordinators and Sponsors:
- The Women Entrepreneurs Business Council (WEBC) is the 7th Council under the Fiji Commerce & Employers Federation umbrella. The Fiji Commerce & Employers Federation (FCEF) is Fiji’s largest private-sector organization and it represents the interests of the employers and the private sector at large.
- Makoi Women’s Vocational Centre, provides free training to underprivileged women in the following topics: Cooking and Pastry, Sewing and Hydroponic
- The United States of America, under the Department of State’s Academy of Women Entrepreneurs program