Greetings from the Secretariat and trust this email finds you well.
This is to inform you that FCEF has scheduled its first Combined Council Meeting which is confirmed for Friday 26th March at Tanoa Sky lodge, Nadi from 3 pm followed by an hour of cocktail and networking session.
Guest Speakers 1: Ministry of Commerce, Trade, Tourism, and Transport
The presentation will include:
– overview of the regulatory and legislative reforms in the area of Investment : (New Investment Law, new role of Investment Fiji, new regulations which will accompany the new Acts);
– summary of the business reforms implemented by Fijian Government, in order to make doing business easier in Fiji. This also includes changes implemented in order to reduce the cost and the time taken to complete business processes.
Some of the reforms include:
– systems and processes being put online ( Registering Businesses, Taxation, bizFIJI Portal – www.bizfiji.com)
– new procedures for getting started with your business – elimination of business licensing
– getting construction permits;
– registering properties: removal of stamp duty;
– reforms by RBF on Personal Properties Securities
Also, included in our presentation will be the essence and importance of Doing Business Report, done by the World Bank Group, Fiji’s ranking and contributions of the Private Sector.
Guest Speaker 2: International Finance Corporation (IFC)
“Building safe and resilient workplaces in Fiji” by Ms. Lilika Fusimalohi – Program Coordinator
IFC is a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. Gender equality is a priority for IFC as we believe that it is not only a social and moral imperative but also an economic necessity.
The program has worked with businesses to apply gender smart solutions to address challenges of productivity, absenteeism, staff turnover, presenteeism in a changing work environment.
Please confirm your attendance, before COB Friday 19th March, thank you and wishing you a very pleasant afternoon.